YONKERS, NY – August, 2023 – Hudson Valley Property Group (HVPG), a leading, national affordable housing preservation company, and the Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (YIDA), today announced the newest high school student recipients of the 2023 Parkledge Breakthrough Scholarship awards. Totaling $20,000, the scholarship fund was created by Parkledge Apartments and sponsored by HVPG, with each of the selected high school seniors receiving a scholarship award of $2,000 honoring their academic achievement and future education goals.
The 2023 scholarship awardees include:
- A’mya Allen – Roosevelt High School Early College Studies
- Arturo Almengo – Riverside High School
- Cesar Barrera – Yonkers Middle High School
- Kayla Hernandez – Saunders Trades & Technical High School
- Shavonne Jacobs – Saunders Trades & Technical High School
- Tomas Martinez – Roosevelt High School Early College Studies
- Jaylin Novas – Sacred Heart High School
- Melody Robles – Riverside High School
- Daejon Thompson – Roosevelt High School Early College Studies
“We are proud to partner with local advocacy groups like the Yonkers IDA, which works to create economic development, job opportunities and improve the standard of living for the City of Yonkers and broader communities in which they serve,” said Jason Bordainick, Managing Partner and Co-Founder of HVPG. “Since Hudson Valley Property Group acquired Parkledge Apartments in 2019, our goal has been to elevate homes for residents and provide a sense of community. We’re honored to support this group of young individuals and wish them well in their endeavors.”
Each year, the awards are given to seniors who have been enrolled in a Yonkers public school for all four years of high school. Applicants must be in good academic standing and accepted to a post-secondary institution that leads to a degree, license or certification. Awardees are required to have a recommendation from a member of the faculty who knows the student well and applicants must also provide a personal statement concerning his/her future community service goals and how his/her education will contribute to these goals.